We are seeking a full-time Machine Operator at the Butler Merchandising Solutions fulfillment center in St. Louis, MO.
This role will set up, maintain and operate laminating and die-cutting machines for the duration of a production run. They will ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried out smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Machine operators know how their equipment operates and will be able to repair simple problems (stalls, jams, etc). Associates hired into this position will be trained to operate various machines and learn processes related to producing merchandising displays.
- Sets up machines (calibration, cleaning, etc.) to start a production cycle
- Controls and adjusts machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Inspects parts with precision using measuring tools
- Tests operation of machines periodically
- Fixes issues that might occur during the shift
- Checks output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keeps records of approved and defective units and final products
- Maintains activity logs
- Organizes work area and keeps it clean
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical degree a plus
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must understand basic mathematical principles and have knowledge of measurement processes such as length, diameter, weights, and counts.
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
Teamwork and communication skills
Physical stamina and strength
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental plans