We are seeking to fill a full-time Industrial Maintenance position at the Butler Merchandising Solutions fulfillment center in St. Louis, MO.
Industrial Maintenance is responsible for several duties at Butler, including performing all aspects of mechanical, electrical, and preventative types of maintenance on equipment and facility.
Butler is a leading designer and fabricator of go-to custom displays, working directly with leading retailers and brands like Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Red Bull, Anheuser Busch, and many other Fortune 100 companies spanning a broad range of industries to create shopping experiences seen every day.
Our company must foster a creative and self-motivated atmosphere to be relevant in today’s retail world and is looking for energetic and industrious people to help us build on our decades of success.
Butler is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Provide innovative solutions to resolve ongoing breakdowns
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance (PM) on equipment
- Make necessary repairs and equipment adjustments to minimize downtime and maximize equipment efficiency
- Utilize test equipment such as amp meter, fluke, and other test equipment
- Check electrical circuits, machine operations, and process instrumentation.
- Analyze equipment to improve efficiency, safety, and quality
- Maintain legible, neat, and accurate records, documentation, reports, etc.
- Complete maintenance service requests and perform routine preventative maintenance tasks
- Follow-up on current status of equipment modifications and work orders
- Meet with vendors and contractors as necessary to assure continued efficiency & maintenance of equipment and facility
- Ensure good communication between management and supervisors
- Perform sanitation requirements as needed or required
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Required to perform all duties safely & use discretion to prevent injuries. Must be able to learn how to respond to the building fire alarm system and reset it. They will actively participate in team safety efforts to achieve/exceed plant goals.
- Mechanical Systems, Facilities Technology, or Building Maintenance from an accredited institution preferred
- 2-3 years previous maintenance experience or equivalent technical training
- Must possess basic knowledge of the following systems:
- Electrical Distribution
- Natural Gas
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
- City Water
- Compressed Air
- Vacuum Systems
- Read and understand operating manuals
- Perform basic wiring up to 480 volts.
- Ability to interpret and analyze electrical/electronic diagrams & schematics
- Ability to work on plant facilities and equipment safely and effectively
- Able to work well within a team environment and with all associates
- Planning & organizational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Understanding of requirements & importance of documentation.
- Understanding and knowledge of electronics and mechanics
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Short/long-term disability
- Accident Care
- Cancer Care
- Hospital Indemnity
Every employee is eligible for insurance on the first Monday of the following month.