We are seeking to fill a full-time Estimator position at the Butler Merchandising Solutions fulfillment center in St. Louis, MO.
The Estimator is responsible for several duties at Butler, including preparing accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics. The estimator will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
Butler is a leading designer and fabricator of go-to custom displays, working directly with leading retailers and brands like Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Red Bull, Anheuser Busch, and many other Fortune 100 companies spanning a broad range of industries to create shopping experiences seen every day.
Our company must foster a creative and self-motivated atmosphere to be relevant in today’s retail world and is looking for energetic and industrious people to help us build on our decades of success.
Butler is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Prepares work to be estimated
- Gathers project specifications, requests and analyzes vendor quotations, examines production methods, and ascertains best manufacturing practices
- Prepares cost estimates and pricing presentations
- Analyzes vendor proposals and manufacturing requirements
- Identifies labor, material, and scheduling requirements
- Studies proposals, drawings, and other related documents
- Refers incomplete specifications requirements to account managers, sales service, or clients for clarification
- Computes costs by identifying labor, material, and time requirements
- Refines specifications based on knowledge/experience to achieve efficient production methods, lower costs, and increased suitability for end use
- Adds additional manufacturing steps when needed to ensure quality standards
- Presents prepared estimates to the client/account manager
- Assembles and displays numerical and descriptive details
- Creates organized and detailed production planning that can be communicated throughout the manufacturing process
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks/goals in a timely manner
- Builds relationships with established, new, and key vendors
- Provides consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs, etc.)
- Completes other projects as assigned or needed
- Associate's required
- Bachelor’s preferred
- Corrugated and/or commercial print experience preferred
- Bindery and fulfillment experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Analytical mindset with an emphasis on mathematical calculations
- Exceptional written and oral communication in a professional business environment.
- Aptitude to learn multiple software platforms and put them into practical use
- Excellent organization skills
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent numerical and analytical
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed
- Proficient in relevant software, including MS Office Suite
- Adeptness in managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Short/long-term disability
- Accident Care
- Cancer Care
- Hospital Indemnity
Every employee is eligible for insurance on the first Monday of the following month.