What makes a product stand out from its competitors on the shelf? Or from the other packages arriving regularly in your customer’s mailbox from online retailers?
Color. Graphic design. Typography. And, quite often, the packaging.
There are multiple reasons today to consider custom cardboard packaging:
- Ease and protection in shipping or display. If your product is fragile, has an uncommon shape or dimensions, or is meant to be displayed in multiples, custom packaging solves these issues in a sturdy and attractive way. Boxes especially shaped to hold technology products, glass containers, business cards, or sporting goods not only protect the product, they make mass distribution much easier.
- It immediately sets your product apart. The benefit of the product begins even before the consumer opens it. The design immediately communicates the quality you want to communicate – perhaps value, luxury, uniqueness, utility, fun, or artisanal appearance. This quality is what the customer is buying in addition to the product itself. Think about a matte black box with gold lettering holding the 75th anniversary of Crown Royal – the product is whisky, but the packaging is pure classic heirloom.
Here are some idea starters from some of our past projects...
- It reinforces your brand on subscription products. The growth of subscription boxes has been more than 100 percent a year over the past five years, according to Forbes magazine. That’s a lot of boxes being sent – mostly monthly – all over the United States, with a variety of products inside. Clothing, ready-to-prepare meals, razors, and cosmetics are just a handful of the things customers can subscribe to now. Custom boxes not only make it easier to package your product attractively for the customer, it gives your brand attention as it moves through the shipping process. And when the box is attractive and functional, the consumer may even keep it to use for other purposes.
- It makes an item into a gift. Custom packaging will draw a customer’s attention to your product when they are shopping for gifts, because a product packaged with a complementary product in an attractive box makes a gift seem more special. Think about a children’s book packaged with a small plush animal, a fine scarf packaged with driving gloves, Hershey’s chocolate sauce packaged with ice-cream bowls and sprinkles. Before the packaging they are just separate items; after packaging they are special gifts.
- Custom packaging can be co-packed. Butler MSI has superior co-packing abilities; we can create the packaging to your exact specifications, fill it with your product and ship it complete to your distribution points.
The Butler MSI Advantage
Custom cardboard packaging must be perfectly designed, sized and executed, using strength, design, color, and typography to your advantage. Butler MSI provides custom concept work, design, printing and construction second-to-none. Our designs focus, first and foremost, on structural integrity and aesthetic appeal. We work with you at every step of the way, and you receive a full-color prototype before production. When we do our work right, everything lines up to help you sell your product.
We pride ourselves on superlative customer service and relentless attention to detail. Our fulfillment department has the capacity and employee expertise to efficiently move your product from production to final shipment. Attention to quality, accuracy and detail at every step of the process ensure your most stringent requirements are closely adhered to. And our location in St. Louis, Missouri makes it easy to provide fast shipping to any corner of the United States.
We Think Outside the Box
Talk to us about your custom packaging needs; let us partner with you on this critical aspect of your marketing. Click here for an information request form.